Breast Augmentation procedures are as popular as ever, so The Private Clinic have assembled this aftercare guide to help you make an informed decision before committing to surgery.
Caring for yourself and your implants
To make sure that you get home safely after your Breast Augmentation procedure, you should ask for someone close to you to act as a chaperone. The Private Clinic advise for someone to help settle you in at home and keep you company in the first 24 to 48 hours.
Your surgeon will present you with all the ‘dos and don’ts’ to help quicken your recovery before you leave the clinic. Here are the highlights of what you’re likely to be told:
- Once the anaesthesia begins to wear off, you might start to experience some swelling and tightness.
- You’ll help the recovery process along by drinking plenty of fluids – but stay away from caffeinated and alcoholic drinks for a while.
- Don’t smoke if you don’t want the healing process to drag on and to avoid complications. Avoiding it in the first week is essential but you should really stop for at least three months.
- You can carefully start swimming and exercising after 4-6 weeks.
- Steer clear from driving for a week.
- You’ll be given a support garment to wear day and night for 4-6 weeks.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes with a front opening to avoid pulling clothes over your head.
- It might be useful to arrange for help around the house and childcare (if applicable).
- Sleep on your back.
- You can try starting to handle your breasts after 4 weeks if you don’t experience any discomfort. Play it by ear.
- Make sure to keep your dressings completely dry during the week after your operation, at which point they’ll be removed and the area cleaned by a nurse.
- Your internal stitches will take some time to dissolve but if one sticks out, call them and they’ll take care of it. Don’t pull on it.
- Use BioOil to manage your scars and don’t pick at any crusting.
- Take any medicine as prescribed.
The Private Clinic’s aftercare promise
Before The Private Clinic send you off home after Breast Augmentation, you’ll be provided with a few numbers on which you can reach us anytime, day or night.
On the other hand, they’ll also be calling you regularly to find out how you’re getting along. There will be several check-ups to attend until you reach your final results, during which they’ll be able to monitor your progress.
They’ll be on hand even if all you want is a chat, to ensure that you’re happy and to address and all of your concerns. You can count on them not to leave you hanging.
The Private Clinic
Their pioneering Consultant Plastic Surgeons use the latest techniques to help you reach your desired results in the safest and most attentive way possible.
During your consultation you can expect to be given expert, objective advice without any obligations whatsoever.